2003 Toyota Celica GT – Haltech Sprint 500

  • 0

2003 Toyota Celica GT – Haltech Sprint 500

Had a return visit from a previous client that I had the pleasure of tuning his vehicle in NA condition as we fitted a custom harness and a Haltech sprint 500.  That was a year ago and now he was hungry for some more power so the client went bought and installed a turbo kit for this 1zz-fe engine with manul transmission.

Here are the mods from this kit:

  • 650cc injectors
    TURBOSMART 38mm WASTEGATE with dump pipe
    Turbo 2.5 PIPING
    60mm turbo
    Manual boost controller
    Deatschwerks 265PLH fuel pump
    SUBARU STI MAF AIRMETER 2.75 pipe housing.
    Light weight flywheel
    Stage 2 clutch
    Stage 1 Crowder camshafts
    Supertech valves springs.
    3in downpipe no cat
    7 heat range spark plugs

So car came in on a tow truck since it would not run right of course with the new bigger injectors. Got the fuel dialed in and then it was on to the rollers for further tuning on the Haltech Sprint500.

After the tuning was completed there are some other things that still need to be addressed but at least we were able to find a comfort spot for the boost and the power delivery for the moment.

CelicaGtTurbo Dyno Run

Purple line was tuned in N/A configuration.

Blue line is now in its boosted condition @10psi.
That little twitch at 5600 rpms has been rectified as we were getting a little spark blow out.

Here are the Dyno Jet simulated number for that same run.

  • 0

2013 Scion FRS Turbo

Been talking to a friend of the shop #SuWorks for some time and he finally finished his 1 year build on this vehicle for a client of his.  The FRS was fitted with many goodies so because of the forced induction kit that was added they needed some one to program this vehicle.  We were recommended to get this vehicle started since it was fitted with some upgraded injectors and fuel pump so it needed a new calibration.

The FRS arrived by trailer and after a few things were buttoned up it was time to add the starting #ecutek ROM.
Needless to say after the correct configurations to the ROM was placed the car came to life. Short and Long term fuel trims were checked and they were +/- 5% as indicated.


Mods on the vehicle (which are many), but only going to put the pertinent ones:

Greddy Turbo Kit
DW 750cc injectors
DW 300c fuel pump
NST Pulley set
Hallman MBC
3″ exhaust
Wilwood BBK
Rocket Bunny body kit
Defi gauges and AEM wideband

frs1 frs2 frs3 frs4 frs5 frs6 frs8 frs9 frs10

To date we managed to make a power pull to see how the wastegate would react and we managed to make 7.5psi and power pulled to 227whp on 93 octane (stock on these vehicles are 150whp) AFRs were in the 11.1 range.

We were hoping to move the psi levels to 10psi but had a actuator issue that needs to be sorted out so till that is fixed we will update you guys in a few days.

Special thanks to #suworks and #turbonola for coming by hanging out with us and attend to any special needs to make sure that the calibration goes smooth.


Got some pictures now that the FRS has been washed and was able to do some further tuning on the streets to get the AFRs exactly how I wanted them.

All I have to say is that I got a satisfied client once again.  Here are the snaps form that day.