Monthly Archives: January 2018

  • 0

Honda EK Civic K20a3 Turbo – Calibration

We tuned this vehicle before, but this time the owner of the EK Kseries turbo decied to throw a TSX camshaft in the motor so that required some calibration on the maps.

Car came out making some good power, we still need to fix a few things with the boost control components, but all in all made some added power and the client once again left our shop satisfied. Thanks for trusting us with your tuning needs.

Ambient temps were in the 52F, 45% humidity and 30.03 baro
4th gear was used in the mapping of the K20a3 stock engine.  Boost on the Precision 5858 turbo was set to 16psi with the Hondata 4port EBCS.

The chart below show the Dyno Dynamics number for 93 octane (green line) and 93octane / Fuse E85R (red line) at the same 16psi level.

The chart above show the Dyno Dynamics simulating DJ number for 93 octane (green line) and 93octane / Fuse E85R (red line) at the same 16psi level.


  • 0

2008 Subaru STI – ProTune Stage2

Got a chance to post these pics from a tune we did a while back and the same client came back to retune once more.  This time the client added a Grimmspeed 3-port ebcs and Crawford AOS so with that added it needed a calibration for those added items.

     

Before this he had added these items to take him to a stage2 Protune:
Injen intake, TGV Delete, Turbo Back Exhaust, Built bottom end with Shell 93octane.  These were the before and after the initial calibration session with stage 2 items.

Ambient conditions on the calibration day, 55F, 45% Humidity and 30.13 baro
4th gear runs, boost was targeted to 19.5psi and tapers to 15psi

This chart above is the run after the 3-port EBCS was added and AOS from Crawford.  So we managed to pick up a bit of WTQ & WHP all thru the rev range, but realized that we will be needing a better TMIC and a bigger turbo to take full advantage of this built bottom end.  So for the meantime good gains and another happy client leaves the rollers.

1/20/18 Install day and recalibration.

This past Saturday we got the chance to see this same 2008 STI to install the Grimmspeed Thermal Dispersant TMIC we got for him.  Install was pretty straight forward and after it was installed and checked for no leaks it was time to hit the dyno once again.  As you can remember the previous time it was on the dyno the ambient temps were rather cold:
Ambient conditions on the calibration day, 55F, 45% Humidity and 30.13 baro.

On the day of the tune the ambient conditions were 68F, 85% humidity and 30.10 baro.  Boost was also picked up to 20psi tapering to 16psi, I have to say that this intercooler did its job, we got back to the same power levels as we witnessed on that colder day.  Below are the Dyno Dynamics and then the DJ comparison chart so you can see what we ended up with.
Pink lines are the previous run and Green line is with the Grimmspeed TMIC 259 awhp/309awtq.

Above is the dyno jet comparison chart for the Before and after Grimmspeed TMIC install.