Monthly Archives: May 2017

  • 0

2002 Honda S2000 Turbo

 

AP1 on the 2wd dyno

This car is from our very first client for Corr Performance.  This Honda S2000 started its life with some basic bolt ons and a AEM v1 since that is all that was available back in the days.

After going from N/A to turbo and having issues with his original engine after it was forced inducted, our client went and had the engine built and then he called us once again to dial in his AEMv1 with the Apexi AVC-R for some more added power.  When we dialed in the AEMv1, that resulted in 287whp at around 14psi.

After that tune we put a bug into his ear telling him to please get rid of that outdated AEMv1 and move over to a highly competent engine management system.  The Haltech Platinum Pro was purchased, installed  and also a set of Fuel Injector Development 780cc were also added.

FRS_S2K

S2KDyno15psi

So in conclusion we are very happy with the results that the Haltech Platinum Pro gave us at that boost level.

326whp on the Dyno Dynamics or 365whp on a dyno jet makes for a fun weekend car.

This car has come a long way and we are so proud of the results we were able to provide to one of our favorite client and good friend.  Thanks for letting us tune you car Keith!


  • 0

1990 Toyota Tacoma – Haltech PS2000

Taco3

This was a little bit of a long project for the client as the client worked diligently to put in a 1997 3.4L (5VZ-FE) motor in this chassis.   After the motor was in, the Haltech PS2000  was wired by the client.  It was fitted with some  individual GM LS1 coils and a Haltech Wideband was also put into the mix to help speed the tune.

The truck was delivered to us and after many hours of trial and error in trying to get the right configurations to start the the engine and making sure the engine was in TDC and it had not jumped a tooth or something we managed to bring it to life.  Even though we managed to start the engine it still had a noise of a miss and then the (passenger side) head started to show sign that a noise was emanating from that side.

We notified the client and he came and picked up the truck so we could take it to a Toyota specialist and have the motor diagnosed.  After a few months elapsed the truck was coming back and the problem was found and rectified.

The problem ended up being the tensioner built into the exhaust cam having a bunch of slack.

 

Taco4

Truck was brought back to now do the actual tuning on the Platinum Sport 2000, a little street tuning was done before it was loaded up on the rollers to get the final touches on the timing tables.

Taco1 Taco2 Taco5

Tuning and test were mostly done in 3rd gear.
Best power ouput was 127whp or 142whp(dyno jet) on this set up.
Down the road a TRD Supercharger will be added to deliver more WTQ since this car is going to be living doing
much rock climbing duties.

Would like to thank Nick for trusting in our recommendations, calibration and engine management system to get his project off the ground.

 

Save

Save


  • 0

2013 Scion FRS Turbo

Been talking to a friend of the shop #SuWorks for some time and he finally finished his 1 year build on this vehicle for a client of his.  The FRS was fitted with many goodies so because of the forced induction kit that was added they needed some one to program this vehicle.  We were recommended to get this vehicle started since it was fitted with some upgraded injectors and fuel pump so it needed a new calibration.

The FRS arrived by trailer and after a few things were buttoned up it was time to add the starting #ecutek ROM.
Needless to say after the correct configurations to the ROM was placed the car came to life. Short and Long term fuel trims were checked and they were +/- 5% as indicated.

FRS1e FRS2e

Mods on the vehicle (which are many), but only going to put the pertinent ones:

Greddy Turbo Kit
DW 750cc injectors
DW 300c fuel pump
NST Pulley set
Hallman MBC
3″ exhaust
Wilwood BBK
6MT
Rocket Bunny body kit
Defi gauges and AEM wideband

frs1 frs2 frs3 frs4 frs5 frs6 frs8 frs9 frs10

To date we managed to make a power pull to see how the wastegate would react and we managed to make 7.5psi and power pulled to 227whp on 93 octane (stock on these vehicles are 150whp) AFRs were in the 11.1 range.

We were hoping to move the psi levels to 10psi but had a actuator issue that needs to be sorted out so till that is fixed we will update you guys in a few days.

Special thanks to #suworks and #turbonola for coming by hanging out with us and attend to any special needs to make sure that the calibration goes smooth.

5/20/2017

Got some pictures now that the FRS has been washed and was able to do some further tuning on the streets to get the AFRs exactly how I wanted them.

All I have to say is that I got a satisfied client once again.  Here are the snaps form that day.

FRS_S2K3 FRS_S2K2 FRS_S2K

Save

Save

Save